Full Job Description:
Holmes Welding and Radiator LLC. operation is primarily focused on the repair and refabricating of heavy-duty, agricultural, and some automotive radiators and other heat transfer equipment as well as a Welding Shop that handles a wide variety of welding and fabrication jobs. Holmes Welding and Radiator is seeking a motivated Welder/Fabricator full-time 8am-5pm Monday-Friday in Garner, NC. Holmes Welding and Radiator LLC. This workplace comprises of a tight-knit group of individuals and prides itself on being a great place to work and grow professionally and personally.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings or instructions to perform welding jobs.
- Set up and maintain welding components/equipment to set specifications.
- Prepare metal surfaces by cleaning with proper compounds and wire brushes to remove impurities such as scale, rust, grease, dirt, and moisture as needed.
- Welding projects on steel, aluminum, and stainless steel of varying thicknesses.
- Repair structures as required by dismantling, reshaping, repairing, and reassembling metal components using cutting torches/plasma torches and hand-cutting tools.
- De-bur, grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture to ensure quality welds.
- Painting as needed.
- Use power saws, grinders, and other pneumatic/electrical tools in cutting, beveling, and contouring metal workpieces.
- Monitor work equipment as to maintain proper working order.
- Conserve materials and resources to stay in line with job budgets.
- Understand the effects heat has on stainless steel alloys and use preventative/corrective techniques to control distortion.
- Carry out thorough inspections of finished welded components to ensure proper surface quality, straightness, and consistency.
- Maintaining an organized workstation and proper workplace safety are also expected.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Possible overtime work on weekdays/weekends when and if necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- The ability to work with others and take direction is a must.
- Maintain good attendance and reliability is a must as well as working the required hours to help meet the production schedule.
- Minimum of 3 years welding experience in order to be considered for this position.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly dependable and punctual.
- Inspects and diagnoses problems.
- Physically active role.
- Possess physical and mental stamina commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Needs to possess the ability to both MIG and TIG.
- Ability to Weld on Stainless Steel and Aluminum is required.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Familiarity with hand tools, air tools, welding and basic shop safety.
- Understanding of proper use and importance of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Communicate effectively.
- Willingness to learn trade from experienced technicians.
- Social distancing guidelines are in place
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30AM-5PM
- Friday, 7:30AM-4:30PM
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Paid time off
To apply, you may call and ask for Leroy Holmes at (919) 977-9373 – Or, you may also email your resume and contact information to us at: [email protected]